Full Stack Developer
- Full Time
ResoluteAI - Full Stack Developer Role (fully remote):
ResoluteAI is a fast-growth data aggregation and intelligent search startup, with a mission to enable scientifically driven organizations to make their next big discovery. Our tools allow our clients to find relevant results in an efficient manner, across patents, clinical trials, publications, drug and medical device datasets, and within their own internal corporate documents (enterprise search). We accomplish this through our proprietary machine learning algorithms. We are proud to count amongst our clients four of the top twelve global pharmaceutical firms by market cap. Moreover, Columbia’s technology transfer office uses our software to power their search needs:
We are looking for full-stack developers to help build and take ownership of new features and projects as we continue to grow.
Who You Are:
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You don’t stop writing code when it works, but instead ask yourself what you can do to make it more maintainable and readable.
- You genuinely enjoy thinking through problems and figuring out solutions (even if you don’t know the answers at first).
- You see problems as opportunities.
- Must have a self-starter mentality and willingness to dig deep into the code.
- 4+ years experience in software development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create fast and efficient search experiences by integrating public domain datasets into the search platform using our EMR/Spark and ElasticSearch ETL framework.
- Collaborate on designing and developing features to both integrate and highlight usefulness of various datasets.
- Critically examine and work with various external enterprise search APIs to ingest and enrich clients’ search experience.
- Communicate directly with clients on requirements, progress, and setting expectations.
- Dig into bug fixes and writing of regression and unit tests.
- Strongly skilled in Python.
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller pieces that add value incrementally, and make tradeoff decisions about effort vs scope.
- Ability to own your work and adopt an outcomes based approach, in a fast paced environment of quickly evolving requirements.
Nice to Have/Interested in Learning:
- Comfortable working with Docker and in a Linux environment
- Experience with ElasticSearch – very strong plus
- Experience with Elastic Map Reduce or Spark is a plus
- Experience with SQL and an ORM (e.g. sqlalchemy)
- Knowledge of networking, especially AWS services and infrastructure is a plus
What we offer:
- Salary between $125,000 - $170,000
- Equity options between 0.25% - 0.5%
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commuter benefit)
- 401(k) and matching
- Equity in the company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Environment